Re: fix log_min_duration_statement logic error

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Rod Taylor <rbt(at)rbt(dot)ca>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: fix log_min_duration_statement logic error
Date: 2003-10-05 21:30:52
Lists: pgsql-patches

> Sets a minimum statement execution time (in milliseconds)
> above which a statement will be logged. All SQL statements
> that run longer than the time specified will be logged together
> ! with their actual duration. Setting this to zero will print
> ! all queries with their durations. Minus-one (the default)
> ! disables time-based logging. For example, if you set it
> to <literal>250</literal> then all SQL statements that run longer
> ! than 250ms will be logged.

You're being very unclear, not to say self-contradictory, as to whether
the condition is "> value" or ">= value". I suspect it is really the
latter but this description sure doesn't convey the fact.

> Only superusers can increase this or set it to zero if this option
> is set to non-zero by the administrator.

If you're changing the "off" state to -1 then this last sentence is now
wrong, no? Also, do the non-superuser adjustment constraints in guc.c
still work correctly with this meaning (probably so, but it needs to be
checked)?