Re: Git conversion status

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Git conversion status
Date: 2010-09-20 18:33:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc> writes:
> On 09/20/2010 08:21 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Well, I'm testing with an unmodified copy of 1.12.13, and I got output
>> matching our historical tarballs. So I'm blaming debian for this one.

> As far as I know magnus is using a debian based CVS server for his
> testing so that would certainly be 1.12.x - are you too?

No server anywhere: I'm reading from a local repository which is a
tarball copy of the one on cvs.postgresql.org. 1.12.13 is the only
version in question. (I believe Magnus is not using a server either;
the cvs2git documentation says that it will only work from a local repo,
and even if that's not true I shudder to think how long it would take
over a network.)