Re: unsupported frontend protocol

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bucks vs Bytes Inc <postgresql(at)bucksvsbytes(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: unsupported frontend protocol
Date: 2005-05-26 01:40:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Bucks vs Bytes Inc <postgresql(at)bucksvsbytes(dot)com> writes:
> Is there any postmaster logging I can turn on that will detail what's
> triggering the error?

Well, you could change the error report in postmaster.c to show the
specific protocol version code it's receiving (7.4 and up do this,
but it hadn't occurred to us as of 7.3). I have little doubt what
you will find though. Maybe what you really want is to enable
log_connections so you can find out where the problematic connections
are coming from.