Re: Final Patch for GROUPING SETS - unrecognized node type: 347

From: "Erik Rijkers" <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: "Andrew Gierth" <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: "Pg Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Atri Sharma" <atri(dot)jiit(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Final Patch for GROUPING SETS - unrecognized node type: 347
Date: 2014-08-26 12:34:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, August 26, 2014 14:24, Andrew Gierth wrote:

> >> They apply cleanly for me at 2bde297 whether with git apply or
> >> patch, except for the contrib one (which you don't need unless you
> >> want to run the contrib regression tests without applying the
> >> gsp-u patch).
>
> Erik> Ah, I had not realised that. Excluding that contrib-patch and
> Erik> only applying these three:
>
> Erik> gsp1.patch
> Erik> gsp2.patch
> Erik> gsp-doc.patch
>
> Erik> does indeed work (applies, compiles).
>
> I put up a rebased contrib patch anyway (linked off the CF).
>
> Did the "unrecognized node type" error go away, or do we still need to
> look into that?

Yes, it did go away; looks fine now:

select brand , size , grouping(brand, size) , sum(sales) from items_sold group by rollup(brand, size) ;
brand | size | grouping | sum
-------+------+----------+-----
Bar | L | 0 | 5
Bar | M | 0 | 15
Bar | | 1 | 20
Foo | L | 0 | 10
Foo | M | 0 | 20
Foo | | 1 | 30
| | 3 | 50
(7 rows)

I'm a bit unclear why the bottom-row 'grouping' value is 3. Shouldn't that be 2?

But I'm still reading the documentation so it's perhaps too early to ask...

Thanks,

Erik Rijkers