Re: Multiline plpython procedure

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Hong Yuan <hongyuan(at)homemaster(dot)cn>
Cc: aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Multiline plpython procedure
Date: 2005-01-18 04:48:34
Lists: pgsql-general

Hong Yuan <hongyuan(at)homemaster(dot)cn> writes:
> I suppose there are some invisible characters inserted into the function
> body by pgAdmin.

Seems like it must be. You could try pg_dump'ing both versions of the
function and comparing the output files byte-by-byte.

Be sure to let the pgAdmin guys know what you find out. I'm sure they
are not intentionally trying to break plpython. (Python is, however,
very far out in left field in considering the amount of whitespace to
be semantically significant. I personally won't use it voluntarily
because of that one reason...)