Re: File count restriction of directory limits number of relations inside a database.

From: sudalai <sudalait2(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: File count restriction of directory limits number of relations inside a database.
Date: 2015-04-08 03:49:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Ya you are right, ext4 allows more directory entries(more than 32000)
but we limited the number of files insides the directory to 32000 to get
better performance. Sorry i'm not mentioned that in my post.
That the reason we plan to use tablespace. The problem we faced in
tablespace is, the location should be present on both master and slave and
we need to create multiple tablespaces. That why i changed the source, to
create a sub directory on the given location and take that location for
tablespace creation. So i can given one location (that present in both
master & slave) to create multiple tablespaces.

-----
sudalai