Re: next CommitFest

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: next CommitFest
Date: 2009-11-16 23:56:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> One of the rewards for getting a patch into the tree is having your
> name immortalised in the commit log. There's no such compensation for
> reviewing patches.

Well, that could be fixed: instead of

blah blah blah

Joe Coder

we could write

blah blah blah

Joe Coder, reviewed by X and Y

Although keeping track of just who to credit might be a bit tricky.
I'd be happy to commit to crediting whoever is listed in the CF entry
for the patch, but sometimes other people have chimed in as much or
more as the nominal reviewer.