Re: Quantify small changes to predicate evaluation

From: Dennis Butterstein <soullinuxer(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Quantify small changes to predicate evaluation
Date: 2014-06-17 14:23:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Marti,thank you for your quick reply.I tried the proposed tweaks and see
some differences regarding the measurements. It seems as if the overall
query performance dropped a little what I think the disabled turbo boost
mode is responsible for (all measurements are single query only). I think
that kind of behaviour is somewhat expected.Run1: 26.559sRun2:
28.280sUnfortunately the variance between the runs seems to remain high.In
fact I have exclusive access to the machine and I made sure not to run in
any i/o related problems regarding buffer caches.Are there any other
stumbling blocks I'm missing at the moment?Maybe I've to rethink my
(end-to-end) measurement strategy.In your experience how small is it
possible to get measurement variances on Postgres?Thank you very much.Kind
regards,Dennis