PostgreSQL DBA / Perl Programmer

From: "hr(at)goldstarlearning(dot)com" <hr(at)goldstarlearning(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL DBA / Perl Programmer
Date: 2014-01-28 20:56:00
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Company name: GoldStar Learning, Inc.
Location: *Chicago, IL,* United States
Country: United States
Pay rate: Based On Experience
Travel: 0%
Poster represents: an employer
Terms of employment: Salaried employee
Hours: Full time
*Onsite: yes - Relocation Assistance is Available
*
Software Company is looking for a PostgreSQL DBA / developer to join our
group. For the past 10 years we have provided K-12 educators with web based
programs that assist them in raising student achievement by providing
real-time access to student achievement data used to shape their
instruction.

We are looking for someone with a passion for building great databases and
can demonstrate exceptional programming and problem solving skills. This
person needs to be self-motivated and an effective team player.

*Required skills:* The following skills are required:
• Object Oriented Programming
• Perl web application development
• Install, configure, and test new PostgreSQL databases, perform version
upgrades of existing databases
• Install, upgrade and maintain all PostgreSQL-related server and
administration software
• Perform DB profiling and optimization; analyze and propose schema changes
to PostgreSQL databases as needed

The following education is required:
• BS or comparable experience

*Desired skills:* The following skills are optional:
• Design patterns and code analysis tools
• Catalyst, DBIx::Class
• AJAX or JSON
• XML and XSLT
• Linux Admin Experience

*Contact information:* We offer a competitive salary based on experience
along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes 401K, Health,
Dental, Disability and Life Insurance. Relocation assistance is available.

*Please email your resume along with a* *cover letter containing your salary
requirements to HR(at)goldstarlearning(dot)com
*
Only US Citizen or Green Card Holder (No Sponsorship) need apply.