Re: High CPU usage / load average after upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04

From: Glyn Astill <glynastill(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: High CPU usage / load average after upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04
Date: 2013-02-21 11:24:21
Lists: pgsql-performance

I've missed a load of this thread and just scanned through what I can see, so apologies if I'm repeating anything.

If the suspicion is the IO system and you've tuned everything you can think of; is there anything interesting in meminfo/iostat/vmstat before/during the stalls? If so can you cause anything similar via bonnie++ with the "-b" option?