Re: isolation check takes a long time

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: isolation check takes a long time
Date: 2012-07-20 17:37:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Excerpts from Andrew Dunstan's message of vie jul 20 13:15:12 -0400 2012:

> On 07/19/2012 09:54 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> >

> > Meanwhile, I would like to remove the prepared_transactions test from
> > the main isolation schedule, and add a new Make target which runs that
> > test explicitly. Is there any objection to that?
> >

> Here's the patch for that.

Looks reasonable. I'd like to have an "include" directive in regress
files so that we don't have to repeat the whole set in the second file,
but please don't let that wishlist item to stop you from committing this
patch.

Are you planning to have one of your animals run the prepared xacts
schedule? :-)