double check the role has what's kind of the privilege? And the same for the objects. Thanks.

From: leaf_yxj <leaf_yxj(at)163(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: double check the role has what's kind of the privilege? And the same for the objects. Thanks.
Date: 2012-03-30 02:49:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All friends. Thanks for you guys reply my questions. You helps me a lot.
THank you billions. Another help. THanks.

After I create table and roles. I want to double check I grant the proper
privileges to the users. I can
use \dp and \z command to check the objects privilege. I can user pg_authid
to check the system privilege grantee to the users. Am I right??????? the
below is what I get from my test database.

Q : what's the differences between \dp and \z.

Thanks.
Regards.

Grace

rrp=# \dp
Access privileges for database "rrp"
Schema | Name | Type | Access privileges
--------+------+----------+---------------------------------------------------
rrp | c | sequence |
rrp | p | sequence |
rrp | se1 | sequence |
rrp | t1 | table |
{grace=arwdxt/grace,user1=ar/grace,user2=r/grace}
rrp | t2 | table | {grace=arwdxt/grace,user1=r/grace}

rrp=# \z
Access privileges for database "rrp"
Schema | Name | Type | Access privileges
--------+------+----------+---------------------------------------------------
rrp | c | sequence |
rrp | p | sequence |
rrp | se1 | sequence |
rrp | t1 | table |
{grace=arwdxt/grace,user1=ar/grace,user2=r/grace}
rrp | t2 | table | {grace=arwdxt/grace,user1=r/grace}

(5 rows)rrp=# select
rolname,rolsuper,rolinherit,rolcreaterole,rolcreatedb,rolcanlogin from
pg_authid;
rolname | rolsuper | rolinherit | rolcreaterole | rolcreatedb | rolcanlogin
gpadmin | t | t | t | t | t
grace | f | t | f | t | t
user1 | f | t | f | f | t
user2 | f | t | f | f | t