Re: updated emacs configuration

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: updated emacs configuration
Date: 2014-01-29 03:40:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I see I already asked about entab -s 3. Let me see how hard it would be
> to modify entab.

TBH I'm not sure we should be changing pgindent at this late date, even if
there is a good fix for its minor annoyances. When you changed its wrap
behavior in 8.1, I spent the next several years cursing that decision
every time I had to back-patch something, because it caused apply failures
for just about every nontrivial patch. Doing what we're talking about
here would be just as bad.