Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch
Date: 2009-01-15 22:12:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> BTW, is this patch even under consideration for 8.4?

It's already committed --- remember the start of the thread was Peter
complaining that he'd already been annoyed by the new behavior. (As
had I, but I'd not gotten round to complaining yet.)

If we wait till after 8.4 is released to reconsider, we'll have yet
another layer of backwards-compatibility issues to deal with while
trying to fix it.