Re: REVIEW: Extensions support for pg_dump

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Anssi Kääriäinen <anssi(dot)kaariainen(at)thl(dot)fi>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>
Subject: Re: REVIEW: Extensions support for pg_dump
Date: 2011-01-17 15:57:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Excerpts from Anssi Kääriäinen's message of lun ene 17 12:41:25 -0300 2011:

> While it is not possible to drop functions in extensions, it is possible
> to rename a function, and also to CREATE OR REPLACE a function in an
> extension. After renaming or CORing a function, it is possible to drop
> the function.

Hmm, this seems a serious problem. I imagine that what's going on is
that the function cannot be dropped because the extension depends on it;
but after the rename, the dependencies of the function are dropped and
recreated, but the dependency that relates it to the extension is
forgotten.