Re: multiset patch review

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: multiset patch review
Date: 2011-01-12 14:29:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Excerpts from Itagaki Takahiro's message of mié ene 12 01:52:12 -0300 2011:

> Separate patches for src and doc attached. It includes a few bug fixes
> and cleanup. I changed the error code in trim_array() to
> ERRCODE_ARRAY_ELEMENT_ERROR according to the spec.

Two small nitpicks:

+ static void
+ check_concatinatable(Oid element_type1, Oid element_type2)
+ {
+ if (element_type1 != element_type2)
+ ereport(ERROR,
+ (errcode(ERRCODE_DATATYPE_MISMATCH),
+ errmsg("cannot concatenate incompatible arrays"),
+ errdetail("Arrays with element types %s and %s are not "
+ "compatible for concatenation.",
+ format_type_be(element_type1),
+ format_type_be(element_type2))));
+ }

I think the word is either "concatenable" or "concatenatable". Also
please don't break up the string in errdetail() even if it's longer than
80 chars. (The function below this one has this too)

I didn't read the patch in much more detail.