Re: directory archive format for pg_dump

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: José Arthur Benetasso Villanova <jose(dot)arthur(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: directory archive format for pg_dump
Date: 2010-11-19 21:56:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Excerpts from José Arthur Benetasso Villanova's message of vie nov 19 18:28:03 -0300 2010:

> The md5.c and kwlookup.c reuse using a link doesn't look nice either.
> This way you need to compile twice, among others things, but I think
> that its temporary, right?

Not sure what you mean here, but kwlookup.c is a symlink without this
patch too. It's just the way it works; the compilation environments
here and in the backend are different, so there is no other option but
to compile twice. I guess md5.c is a new one (I didn't check), but I
would assume it's the same thing.