Re: Pause/Resume feature for Hot Standby

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pause/Resume feature for Hot Standby
Date: 2010-05-04 17:46:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > There hasn't been anything more than a minor bug in weeks, so not really
> > sure how you arrive at that the idea the code needs "stabilising".
>
> Simon, if you don't think the code needs stabilizing, you need to think
> again.

This list is entirely new to me. I can't fix problems you haven't even
raised before, can I? Why have you been saving that list?? No way are
these "known problems".

> That's just what I found in a day or so of code reading, and I haven't
> read anything like all of the HS patches. You need to stop thinking
> about adding features and start thinking about making what's in there
> bulletproof. If you happen to have an idle moment when you're not
> fixing known problems, re-read some code.

Nobody is adding new features. Stop barracking me for something that's
not even happening, especially if you persuade yourself you should be
angry about it. I care as much about beta as anyone else.

Yes, I'll go read your list. Thank you for your review.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com