Re: Unknown winsock error 10061

From: Wojciech Strzałka <wstrzalka(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unknown winsock error 10061
Date: 2009-07-08 09:56:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Witam!

W liście datowanym 7 lipca 2009 (18:02:30) napisano:

> 2009/7/7 Wojciech Strzałka <wstrzalka(at)gmail(dot)com>:
>>
>>  I think both 8.3 & 8.4 are from EnterpriseDB (the integer_datetime
>>  is 'off' at least in 8.3 which is active at the time).

> OK, I put a zip of a server build at
> http://uploads.enterprisedb.com/download.php?file=fc168613430d6c1bf756036466963a5f

I was wondering why I can not see the DEBUG2 info you were talking
about (tripple star), and probably that's another bug.
Whichever debug1 - debug5 level I set in config file the pg_settings
tells me that it's set to 'debug' (without a number) - and there is
no info you mentioned in config file.

I can set log level to 'debug5' (as well as back to 'debug' using SET but it's only to current session.

The more strange is that 'debug' is not officialy supported value by
this param. Probably it's some legacy setting hanging there and log parser applies it
before whole word is read (if it makes sense)?

What do you say about it? Please change the triple star to eg. INFO
level or take a look at logging level to be able to go forward with
the original problem.

postgres=# set log_min_error_statement = 'debug'; <--- this is strange
SET
postgres=# set log_min_error_statement = 'debug1';
SET
postgres=# set log_min_error_statement = 'debug6';
ERROR: invalid value for parameter "log_min_error_statement": "debug6"

--
Pozdrowienia,
Wojciech Strzałka