Re: alpha3 release schedule?

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Hiroyuki Yamada <yamada(at)kokolink(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: alpha3 release schedule?
Date: 2009-12-20 20:42:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 2009-12-19 at 20:59 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> I put them on the TODO list at
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Hot_Standby_TODO, under the must-fix
> category.

I notice you also re-arranged other items on there, specifically the
notion that starting from a shutdown checkpoint is somehow important.
It's definitely not any kind of bug.

We've discussed this on-list and I've requested that you justify this.
So far, nothing you've said on that issue has been at all convincing for
me or others. The topic is already mentioned on the HS todo, since if
one person requests something we should track that, just in case others
eventually agree. But having said that, it clearly isn't a priority, so
rearranging the item like that was not appropriate, unless you were
thinking of doing it yourself, though that wasn't marked.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com