Re: Hot Standby and prepared transactions

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hot Standby and prepared transactions
Date: 2009-12-16 08:30:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 09:10 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:
> > Investigating how that could come about, it looks like there is some
> > fairly strange stuff going on here. StandbyRecoverPreparedTransactions()
> > is never called at all.
>
> I told you so:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4B260B5E.3010401@enterprisedb.com

OK, I didn't understand that. Removed.

> > * Skip assert when doing SubTransSetParent in
> > RecoverPreparedTransactions() when in Hot Standby mode because some
> > subxids will have been marked already
>
> Seems reasonable. Let's still Assert that the parent is the same as last
> time.

Fix committed to git.

---

That fixes or explains all known issues, from me. Are there any other
things you know about that I haven't responded to? Do you think we have
addressed every issue, except deferred items?

I will be looking to commit to CVS later today; waiting on any
objections.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com