Re: [patch] pg_ctl init extension

From: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [patch] pg_ctl init extension
Date: 2009-12-09 13:32:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greg Smith píše v út 08. 12. 2009 v 22:44 -0500:
> Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> > thanks for your useful comments. I attached new doc patch version. I
> > removed example changes and add link to create database cluster (I hope)
> > everywhere. Please, look on it and let me know if there is still
> > something what should be changed.
> >
> That looks much better. There's only one bit that sticks out oddly now:
>
> + Note: The <command>initdb</command> might be invoked by
> + default path on a <productname>PostgreSQL</productname> installations.
>

> What is that supposed to mean exactly?

Ahh, It is somethink what I want to do, but it is not ready yet in this
patch, but I already documented it. Idea is to install initdb and
postgres into libexecdir and packager can select if libexecdir will be
equal bindir or not.

The paragraph should be removed at this moment. Shell I send modified
patch or does committer remove it before commit?

thanks Zdenek