incorrect restore from pg_dumpall

From: Tomas Lanczos <lanczos(at)t-zones(dot)sk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: incorrect restore from pg_dumpall
Date: 2009-11-28 00:11:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I am trying to restore my databases stored by a pg_dumpall command in
the Karmic Koala box. The restore command is the following:

psql -f /media/disk/.../backup -U postgres

I have a PostsgreSQL 8.4 installed from repositories with postgis1.4.1.
I recognized that the tables with spatial geometries were not restored
but at the moment I am almost sure that it's caused by that the older
version of postgis in the stored database. What is a kind of mystery for
me that data in several tables were not restored, although the table
definitions did (it means that I got several tables without data)
althoug the data are there in the backup file (I checked physically). I
really don't understand what's going on there, I did the same many times
before, without any problem.

Tomas