Re: operator exclusion constraints

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: operator exclusion constraints
Date: 2009-11-06 17:54:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Yeah, we definitely want some parentheses delimiting the expression.
> EXCLUSIVE still feels like the wrong part-of-speech though. How
> about EXCLUDING (...) BY ... instead?

If I put EXCLUSION in the type_func_name keyword list, it works fine.
But I'm having a little trouble trying to use EXCLUDING or EXCLUSIVE,
because if I move them from unreserved to any other keyword list, I get
reduce/reduce conflicts.

Am I doing something wrong? I would assume that making words more
reserved would usually not lead to conflicts.

Regards,
Jeff Davis