Re: Writeable CTEs and side effects

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Marko Tiikkaja <marko(dot)tiikkaja(at)cs(dot)helsinki(dot)fi>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Writeable CTEs and side effects
Date: 2009-10-08 18:57:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I also agree with bumping the CID in between.

Do you mean bump the CID in between each DML statement, or between the
last DML statement and the main query? If the former, how should we
choose the order of execution?

I'm not sure if this is a problem, but it seems like we're essentially
allowing a complex transaction to take place in one statement. Is that
what we want?

Regards,
Jeff Davis