Re: A bit confused about Postgres Plus

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A bit confused about Postgres Plus
Date: 2008-12-17 23:33:17
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-www

On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 10:05 +0000, Dave Page wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 9:40 AM, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> These are really questions for us (EnterpriseDB rather than
> pgsql-general) - especially as none of the pricing or support pages
> are linked directly from postgresql.org.

But there are still links to commercial websites from both pgAdmin and
from tools included with the one-click installers.

Both of those should either be removed, altered to make them editable or
expanded to allow all companies listed on the Services pages to take
advantage also.

I'm sure there's a few others lurking from other companies also, so
while I have specific objections, I have general ones also.

A free market is better for consumers and an even playing field is the
best way to cooperate. I'm sure it wouldn't be much use if everybody
stopped writing patches and concentrated on writing installers instead
so they can slip in some commercial advantage...

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com