Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan
Date: 2008-02-06 17:23:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> we added a March fest in part to have a "practice run" without too much
>> stuff being on the plate.

> OK, that makes some sense, although I don't know about the "not much
> stuff on the plate". We presumably have quite a lot of stuff in the
> queue from the last 7 months or so.

There is, although I think a large fraction of it will get bounced as
"needs more work", which should reduce the pressure. We'll just be
trying to give feedback to let the patch authors move forward, which
will not take as much time as actually committing would take.

The current queue is
http://momjian.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/pgpatches_hold
Note that a lot of the bulk is discussion of things that aren't
anywhere near committable anyway.