Re: Improving query performance

From: David Leangen <postgres(at)leangen(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Improving query performance
Date: 2007-03-02 09:06:06
Lists: pgsql-performance

> > And this is the actual query:
>
> I think you need to look into full-text indexing (see tsearch2).

Thanks, Tom.

Yes, we know this.

This is just a temporary fix that we needed to get up today for biz
reasons. Implementing full-text searching within a few short hours was
out of the question.

Anyway, we found a temporary solution. We'll be doing this "properly"
later.

Thanks for taking the time to suggest this.

Cheers,
Dave