Re: pg9 beta1, make check fails

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andy Colson <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg9 beta1, make check fails
Date: 2010-05-04 14:37:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Andy Colson <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net> writes:
> On 5/3/2010 9:44 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'm not immediately seeing a simple way to improve this.

> How about building a statically linked psql in 'make check', just for
> pg_regress to use?

[ shrug... ] That sort of defeats the purpose of testing the binaries
we are intending to install.

Actually I guess the real question here is why psql failed to link to
the newly-built shared libraries. pg_regress sets up LD_LIBRARY_PATH
but that seems not to have done the trick for you. What platform are
you on exactly?