Re: Transactions per second

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)skype(dot)net>
To: Jim Nasby <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Transactions per second
Date: 2006-05-05 21:09:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Ühel kenal päeval, N, 2006-05-04 kell 17:23, kirjutas Jim Nasby:
> I often find myself wanting to know how many transactions per second
> a database is committing to disk, as well as how many queries per
> second it's processing. While Larry's busy making stats changes, I'd
> like to propose a few more counters:
>
> Number of commits: Ideally, this would only count transactions that
> actually modify data

I' prefer one counter for total and one for data modifying statements.

> Number of statements: Simply, how many statements have been executed
> Number of DML statements: how many insert/update/delete statements
> executed.

I'd like to add a request for function call counters, presented to user
as view pg_stat_user_functions, similar in content to current
pg_stat_user_tables.

actually I'd like to have the following data gathered for each function:

call count
total call time
min running time
max running time

I'd also like a possibility to gather information about usage of locks
for both function calls and simple DML statements.

----------------
Hannu Krosing
Database Architect
Skype Technologies OÜ
Akadeemia tee 21 F, Tallinn, 12618, Estonia

Skype me: callto:hkrosing
Get Skype for free: http://www.skype.com

NOTICE: This communication contains privileged or other confidential
information. If you have received it in error, please advise the sender
by reply email and immediately delete the message and any attachments
without copying or disclosing the contents.