Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?

From: Scott Marlowe <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com>
To: Alex Turner <armtuk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tino Wildenhain <tino(at)wildenhain(dot)de>, Chris Travers <chris(at)travelamericas(dot)com>, CSN <cool_screen_name90001(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?
Date: 2005-10-13 19:48:21
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general

I wouldn't be so sure of that. IT might be that in order to be
considered to be complying with the contract you have to setup oracle in
such a way as to disable any database to database access / joining.
Seems to me the second you can run a query that hits both databases you
might well be in breach of contract, depending on the terminology used.