Re: regression failure

From: Rod Taylor <pg(at)rbt(dot)ca>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Qingqing Zhou <zhouqq(at)cs(dot)toronto(dot)edu>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: regression failure
Date: 2005-06-24 03:49:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> That might be explained by this 8.0.2/7.4.8 fix:

<snip>

> This does bring up a question for Rod: have you installed a release
> including the above fix, and if so have you noticed the
> crash-after-SIGTERM problem since then?

We skipped 8.0.2 and went to 8.0.3 near the beginning of the month.

We were getting a WARNING indicating the lock table was corrupted. It
has never crashed, and I've not seen any odd locking issues as a result,
but we get the warning nonetheless. I believe the warning was recently
changed to a panic for 8.1.

Anyway, no, I've not seen that problem since the beginning of the month
but I also don't recall aborting schema alterations recently either.