Re: Autonomous Transactions

From: Matt Miller <mattm(at)epx(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL - GENERAL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Autonomous Transactions
Date: 2005-06-03 21:07:41
Lists: pgsql-general

> > a way to enable a function to commit a unit of work that
> > does not affect the caller's transaction.

> Is dblink a possible answer? (it's a contrib package.)

Very interesting. When you earlier mentioned dblink I found only
DBLink-TDS on pgFoundry, and I dismissed it since I'm not accessing
MSSQL.

So, your idea is that I accomplish autonomous transactions in PL/pgSQL
by just using dblink_connect, dblink_open, dblink_exec, and
dblink_close?

This looks promising. I'll give it a try.