JBuilder Question

From: "Benjamin W(dot) Fisher" <kurasoe(at)fastmail(dot)fm>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JBuilder Question
Date: 2005-04-04 23:37:35
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hey. I've been trying to set myself up so that I can use the JDBC to
connect to my SSL postgres server. I got the 3x version (8.x too)
latest from the site, and am able to utilize it in my Java code. It
works until I set the ssl property to true in a connection. Then it
cannot connect. I followed the directions on postgresql.org for setting
up my little server to utilize SSL. And I have postgres compiled with
openssl, yes.

As far as what I did to get the SSL working, I did as per the docs say:

Server-side:

openssl req -new -text -out server.req
openssl rsa -in privkey.pem -out server.key
rm privkey.pem
openssl req -x509 -in server.req -text -key server.key -out server.crt
chmod og-rwx server.key

Client-side:

openssl x509 -in server.crt -out server.crt.der -outform der
keytool -keystore $JAVA_HOME/lib/security/cacerts -alias postgresql
-import -file server.crt.der
keytool -keystore mystore -alias postgresql -import -file server.crt.der

I got through all that.

But the java -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=mystore
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=mypassword com.mycompany.MyApp I'm
not sure how to get in there, since I use JBuilder. I know how to add
in required libraries (*.jar) for it, but not sure about this kind of
thing.

Anyone know how to do this?