Re: How to recover when can't start database

From: Scott Marlowe <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com>
To: "L(dot)Boldareva" <pg(at)pierro(dot)dds(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to recover when can't start database
Date: 2005-04-01 15:54:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 04:02, L.Boldareva wrote:
> Hi!
> (Hope this is the right place to post)
>
> I crashed the postmaster and cannot start it anymore, with the error

In addition to what everyone's posted already, I would suggest you spend
some time figuring out what got you here in the first place. Bad
hardware, misconfigured postgresql.conf (specifically fsync=false) or
other possibilities.

Under normal circumstances, a crashing postmaster should not cause these
problems.