Re: Bug in pgAdminIII or in pg 8 beta3 ?

From: Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Luiz K(dot) Matsumura" <luiz(at)planit(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug in pgAdminIII or in pg 8 beta3 ?
Date: 2004-11-04 13:49:47
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 13:06, Luiz K. Matsumura wrote:
> Hi
>
> I think that is can be a bug... When I create a new database in pg8
> beta3 (win32) like this
>
> CREATE DATABASE test
> WITH OWNER = admin
> ENCODING = 'UNICODE';
>
> System objects became visible in public schema :
> tables like pg_ts_cfg , pg_ts_cfgmap, pg_ts_dict ...
> functions , operators etc.

I don't think those are system objects, unless they are specific to the
Win32 version. I believe they are created when you use tsearch2 in a
database. You must have done that some time in template1.

> but if I create a database from template0 this objects are not visibles
>
> My installation is with problem or this is a bug ?

No bug; these objects exist in the template1 database - someone created
them there - so they get copied into every new database. This is a
_feature_. It lets you ensure that every new database contains certain
objects.

If you don't want them in new databases, delete them from template1.

Oliver Elphick