Re: Timestamp Question

From: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
To: "Dario V(dot) Fassi" <software(at)sistemat(dot)com(dot)ar>
Cc: Greg Markham <gmarkham(at)markhamdirect(dot)com>, "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Timestamp Question
Date: 2004-07-12 13:17:55
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Dario,

Just to give you the big picture, postgresql does not have a company
overseeing development, all development is done by volunteers. They
primarily work on what is of interest to them. That being said, we
gladly accept patches for whatever interests you. In other words you
will get further supplying a patch than just saying something doesn't
work the way you think it should. As a word of advice, postgresql aims
to be SQL compliant, so patches that are not compliant are likely to be
refused. As an example, if you wanted some xyz feature "like Oracle does
it" for instance it would likely be refused.

Dave

--
Dave Cramer
519 939 0336