Re: Support for REINDEX CONCURRENTLY

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Support for REINDEX CONCURRENTLY
Date: 2013-02-07 08:01:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> What about

> 3) Use reltoastidxid if != InvalidOid and manually build the list (using
> RelationGetIndexList) otherwise?

Do we actually need reltoastidxid at all? I always thought having that
field was a case of premature optimization. There might be some case
for keeping it to avoid breaking any client-side code that might be
looking at it ... but if you're proposing changing the field contents
anyway, that argument goes right out the window.