rpm support for 7.4 and beyond

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: rpm support for 7.4 and beyond
Date: 2003-11-12 13:57:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I haven't seen any discussion on the topic, so thought I might start
one. We currently provide rpms for Red Hat 7.x, 8.x, and 9, and I'm
assuming that we'll have rpms for all of those for 7.4 once release time
rolls around. However, given that Red Hat is dropping support for 7.x
and 8.x version on Jan 1st, and Red Hat 9 next April, do the current rpm
builders forsee any issues with providing rpms for those platforms in
the future?

Also (and maybe someone from Red Hat can weigh in here) are there any
plans from Red Hat to release RHEL rpms for postgresql in the future,
and/or plans to make sure the community rpm builders would have access
to those platforms in order to build rpms against them?

Robert Treat