ERROR: out of free buffers: time to abort!

From: Dave Smith <dave(dot)smith(at)candata(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ERROR: out of free buffers: time to abort!
Date: 2003-11-10 21:29:44
Lists: pgsql-general

I am running postgres 7.2.4 on SCO Open Server 5.0.4 and am
sporadically seeing these messages in the log. What causes this message
and what do I need to look for in terms of system settings to correct
the problem.

Currently my memory settings are the defaults shipped with postgres.

--
Dave Smith
CANdata Systems Ltd