Rockets (was Re: PostgreSQL versus MySQL)

From: Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>
To: PgSQL General ML <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Rockets (was Re: PostgreSQL versus MySQL)
Date: 2003-09-19 09:22:16
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 00:30, Tom Lane wrote:
> "scott.marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com> writes:
> > ... Being honest and fair will win
> > hearts and minds, and when they need the Saturn 4 instead of the Estes
> > rocket, they'll remember who to come to.
>
> I like this analogy, though maybe you've overstretched. Perhaps:
>
> MySQL = Estes. Put in InnoDB, and you have a D engine ... but it's
> still a model rocket.
>
> Postgres = Titan II. Can boost LEO missions or small interplanetary
> probes. Never mind its ICBM heritage ;-)

All US (government) and Soviet/Russian rockets have ICBM roots.

> Oracle = Saturn IV. Can take you to the moon ... if you can afford
> the price tag.

What's a Saturn IV? Do you mean the Saturn V?

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net
Jefferson, LA USA

The difference between Rock&Roll and Country Music?
Old Rockers still on tour are pathetic, but old Country singers
are still great.