Editing functions

From: glenn <gdavy(at)tpg(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Editing functions
Date: 2003-09-04 02:54:48
Lists: pgsql-novice

hi all
Is is possible from with in psql to edit a function - i.e. extract the a
function definition and open it \e style.
At the moment I keep lots of little text files 1 for each function
starting CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION - so then I just \e myfx.txt, but if
I dont have the source text file want I need to use pgdump to create a
big file I can rip out the function, edit it etc
tia
Glenn