Re: CVS doesn't compile initdb and other binaries

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Laurent Perez <downloader(at)free(dot)fr>, PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CVS doesn't compile initdb and other binaries
Date: 2003-04-15 04:16:08
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 23:45, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> You can't mix binaries from different versions. You are basically stuck
> on 7.3.X until we can upgrade, or you can pull out the patch from CVS
> and see if that works -- I am not sure if that is safe.

I don't think the (original) problem is that he is trying to mix
binaries from different versions -- but that the 7.4devel build he
attempted wasn't complete. As for *why* the whole thing didn't build, I
have no idea: I rebuild my CVS HEAD checkout all the time, and it works
fine.

> Laurent Perez wrote:
> > cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs(at)anoncvs(dot)postgresql(dot)org:/projects/cvsroot co -P
> > pgsql-server

You probably want just pgsql-server.

Cheers,

Neil