Re: newby question

From: Scott Frankel <leknarf(at)pacbell(dot)net>
To: Kevin Barnard <kevin(dot)barnard(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: newby question
Date: 2004-10-01 15:53:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Additional note: configure warned of an old version of bison when I
attempted an install of postgresql7.4.5 the other day. Seems the
version
that comes with OSX 10.3.x is too old for postgres.

Only trick I encountered in installing bison from tarball was locating
the
install product in /usr/local/bin and copying it to /usr/bin (either
because
that's where postgres wants to find it, or because my path does not
include
/usr/local).

Scott