Re: consistency check on SPI tuple count failed

From: "Mendola Gaetano" <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: consistency check on SPI tuple count failed
Date: 2003-08-08 16:33:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> "Gaetano Mendola" <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com> writes:
> > the following code was working properly under Postgres 7.3.X
> > I'm now running my regression test with Postgres 7.4beta1 and I'm
> > having the error in subj.
>
> I tried this and got
>
> regression=# select bar();
> bar
> -----
> 0
> (1 row)
>
> regression=#
>
> Anyone else see the problem?
>
> regards, tom lane

Incredible to believe but after playng around that funcion started
to work. I'm not crazy.

I deleted the DB.
Stopped postgres.
Restart postgres.
Create the DB.
Create the language.
Inserted my example.

Again the error:

kalman=# select bar();
ERROR: consistency check on SPI tuple count failed
CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "bar" line 5 at for over select rows
kalman=# select bar();
ERROR: consistency check on SPI tuple count failed
CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "bar" line 5 at for over select rows
before or while processing the request.

Gaetano