Re: massive quotes?

From: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Subject: Re: massive quotes?
Date: 2003-09-15 06:38:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>

> Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)tm(dot)ee> writes:
> > Tom Lane kirjutas P, 14.09.2003 kell 18:58:
> >> Those seem pretty unmemorable and content-free, though. Any other
ideas
> >> out there?
>
> > Considering that we use $$ instead of quotes we could call it dollarring
> > instead of quoting ;)
> > double-dollar quoting feels good to say aloud ...
>
> Hm, "dollar quoting" doesn't sound too bad. I could go with that,
> unless someone has a better idea?

I would prefer a name that says what it does rather than what it looks like.
But I can't think of a good one :-) 'Unescaped quoting' is more or less what
it does, but while not content-free :-) is less than memorable. *shrug* I
don't care that much that I want to spend lots of time thinking about it.

cheers

andrew