Bug in setUnicodeStream

From: "Chris Smith" <cdsmith(at)twu(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Bug in setUnicodeStream
Date: 2003-02-05 16:27:04
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I'm working more on my streaming patch that I posted earlier.

I noticed that setUnicodeStream is specified to take a parameter that
contains the number of bytes to read from the stream... but the
implementation instead treats the parameter as the number of characters to
be read from the stream. This could cause the stream to get over-read.

I'll fix this in my upcoming patch, since I'm rewriting this piece of code
anyway... but if you don't want the streaming patch I'm working on, you'll
need to deal with this some other way.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation