Re: Passing fdw_private data from PlanForeignScan to PlanForeignModify

From: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Passing fdw_private data from PlanForeignScan to PlanForeignModify
Date: 2013-06-13 22:00:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

--On 13. Juni 2013 11:06:31 -0400 Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> My
> recommendation would be to see if you can't save the relevant info in
> the RelOptInfo node for the relation, probably during GetForeignPlan,
> and then get it from there in PlanForeignModify instead of digging in
> the plan tree. (You can use the fdw_private field of RelOptInfo for
> whatever you need in this line.)

Hmm, I tried this already, but maybe i'm doing something entirely wrong
here.

What i tried before was to access (in PlanForeignModify) the RelOptInfo
structure through PlannerInfo->simple_rel_array, assuming the the
resultRelation index points to the right array member. However, that didn't
work, the fdw_private List is not the one filled by GetForeignPlan...is
there another way to get back the RelOptInfo worked on earlier?

--
Thanks

Bernd