Re: Error:TypeCreate: type links already defined

From: "Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: "Najm Hashmi" <najm(at)mondo-live(dot)com>, "pgsql" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Error:TypeCreate: type links already defined
Date: 2001-04-02 16:38:02
Lists: pgsql-sql

From: "Najm Hashmi" <najm(at)mondo-live(dot)com>

> Hi all, I have posted my question since last Thurday and noone has
answered it
> yet. My problems is that I droped a table using pgaccess from pg_class.
Now
> If I try to create that table I get the following error: TypeCreate: type
> links already defined.
> Could some one help me out here.
> Regards

Need more information Najm - obivously PG is trying to create a type "links"
and failing - do you have anything called "links" in your table definition
or the rest of your database?

Perhaps look in the pg_types table:

select oid,* from pg_types where typname like 'lin%';

Don't go deleting it without knowing what it is though. If your table is
called "links" I'd guess it's fine to delete it, but I'd take a backup first
anyway.

- Richard Huxton