Re: Lock and read next

From: "Girish Bajaj" <gbajaj(at)tietronix(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Lock and read next
Date: 2003-09-04 00:25:35
Lists: pgsql-novice

I don't know if sql supports this or not, but when I was using ms sql
server, it supports something called readpast lock hint.

My transactions are not really 3 min long. Its just a long running
transaction. And since multiple processes will be accessing the same table
(all do the same task), they should all be working on different tasks rather
than the same one. This is taken care of by the FOR UPDATE sql statement.
Process 2 should acquire a lock on another row somehow and not block.

Thanks,
Girish